Hi! My name is Yuna and I’m the backbone of
the YK-Education Family.
“I lead our team of tutors at YK-Education.
I used to be a NSW High School Teacher and now I am on a mission to provide individualised lessons to students.
We’re here to support you so that you can focus on feeling good about yourself by helping you achieving your personal best!”
Why does our HSC tutor program work?
The YK-Method follows a Student-centred, Teacher-guided approach
We differentiate programs for different schools and individual students.
- Every school follows a different timeline or topic sequence.
- Every student has a different set of topics they struggle with and different ways of learning.
You will receive truly customised and individualised lessons in a structured learning environment.
- We assess your current ability, knowledge gaps and your school’s lesson sequence. This will dictate pace, strategy and the focus.
We create your program, and our tutors use YK-teaching materials to cater to your needs.
What do our students say?
The YK-Method implements the best features of both Private and Group HSC Tutoring.
We simulate a private tuition environment with:
- Customised learning program to target every student’s unique educational needs and struggles
- Quality YK-theory books and exam questions that are aligned to both the NSW curriculum and the school’s order of topic
- Flexibility in the program where students can ask questions about homework and receive help to prepare for school assessment tasks – lesson are planned for you!
As a bonus, you’ll experience the social aspects of group tuition which allows you to be inspired by others’ work ethics while making new friends.
What do our parents say?
Teamwork between our YK-Qualified Trained HSC Sydney Tutors and Yuna.
Are all 99.95 ATAR high achievers, good teachers?
- We don’t simply match a high achieving graduate to a student in need. High ATAR doesn’t mean that they are good teachers – remember university qualified teachers study for at least 4 years to learn to teach.
- All our Maths, English, Japanese tutors have:
- Achieved top bands in at least HSC Extension 1 their teaching subject
- Passed a training program run by Yuna, a qualified high school teacher, to learn evidence-based teaching methods that are back by research so that students can learn most effectively.
Each student’s customised lesson plans is developed in consultation with Yuna, the NSW Qualified High School teacher. You’ll always see Yuna in the centre assisting tutors and students behind the scenes.
What do our YK- Education HSC Tutors say?
Experience our individualised tutoring program
Latest Tutor News
Whether you are a Japanese Beginners, Japanese Continuers or Japanese Extension student, implementing additional study within the school holidays will likely help you when you return back to the classroom.
With only 2 weeks, here’s how you break down your study load.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you an HSC private tutor?
Students can expect a customised learning program that follows the same order as their school that is structured and taught by trained tutors with inhouse resources. YK programs are two hours per week with one hour being a theory lesson with 1-3 students and the other hour being an exam preparation lesson.
- Do I have to enrol for both the theory and workshop lesson?
The theory lesson (one hour) fills knowledge gaps for Maths or English topics. The workshop lesson (one hour) prepares students for assessments and HSC examinations so the program is an effective
- I live far/busy during the week. Do you offer online lessons?
Absolutely. We do recommend that students come into the centre to build a relationship with us first but if that doesn’t work for you, students can opt in for completely online. The lesson quality is no different, we just think it’s easier to socialise in person 🙂
- Do you come to our home?
Our lessons are done in the centre in St Leonards or online. Parents have told us that their child focuses better in the centre as they are inspired by other students. Online lessons are also possible.
- Who are the tutors?
YK tutors are high achievers who have received band 6 in at least Extension 1, most of the time Extension 2 so they understand their content well. Additionally, YK Tutors have been extensively trained to follow the YK-Method have been proven to work for students who are both already excelling in their subject and those looking for a confidence booster.
Join us for a trial lesson and you will know what we mean 🙂